Olathe Rotary Travels with Heart to Heart International to Guatemala, November 2009

The Olathe Rotary Club, which supports Heart to Heart International and "Elizabeth's Kids" (Deb's House Orphanage), sends club members to Guatemala once or twice a year to help with water sustainability and community development efforts.

This blog will report on the team's sojourn near Lago de Atitlan during the week of November 4th through the 11th, 2009.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Last Day of Prep

Over the weekend, I saw Olathe Rotary Club President Bob Wilhelm at Walmart and he wished me well on our trip. He said a visit to a land like Guatemala can change your life. He wished me well then turned around to buy some English wine so something for the Queen. (Nice picture Bob.)

Yesterday, I saw former Olathe Club President David White at the gym and he told me the same thing as Bob except he shared one little story. "Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but last year two Canadian Rotarians were kidnapped on their mission in Africa. Not to worry, they were release after two days." That made me feel much better. Thanks Dave!?

Anyway, final packing today. My wonderful wife Jane splurged and bought me a small, cheap digital camera for the trip. Jon North said there will be once in a life time pictures. IF the technology works, I'll share pix with the text, or maybe, I'll just send just send pix.

We're meeting at the HHI parking lot tomorrow morning at 415 AM, if you want meet us their for the send off, we'd love to see you. If you want to sleep in and enjoy the rest of the day like normal people, then we'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment